[ofa-general] OFED on Centos with 2.6.30.4 generic kernel

Robert Dunkley Robert at saq.co.uk
Tue Aug 4 02:58:24 PDT 2009

I'm a bit of newbie to kernel building but work on my first custom
kernel seems to be going well so far.

The issue I have is the systems this kernel is destined for are using
Mellanox infiniband cards, IPOIB (CM), RDMA and Subnet Manager (Systems
are direct cabled to each other). I noticed support seems to be built-in
to the kernel for all but the subnet manager.

Should I use the built-in kernel support and install the Subnet manager
separately? Or build a kernel with no infiniband support and then try to
install OFED? Will OFED even likely install with this sort of setup?

Thanks,

Rob

The SAQ Group

Registered Office: 18 Chapel Street, Petersfield, Hampshire GU32 3DZ
SAQ is the trading name of SEMTEC Limited. Registered in England & Wales
Company Number: 06481952

http://www.saqnet.co.uk AS29219

SAQ Group Delivers high quality, honestly priced communication and I.T. services to UK Business.

Broadband : Domains : Email : Hosting : CoLo : Servers : Racks : Transit : Backups : Managed Networks : Remote Support.

ISPA Member