[ofa-general] Re: sg_reset can trigger a NULL pointer dereference in the SRP initiator

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Thu Aug 6 10:41:03 PDT 2009

 > Specifically scmnd->host_scribble can just be Zero.

I see at last, thanks!

The issue is that SRP is using host_scribble to hold an index, and index
0 is valid for us.

I guess the fix is a bit complex, but basically we should use
host_scribble to point to the request, and if we don't find a request in
reset_device we should allocate one.

It's a bit unfortunate that the SCSI midlayer bypasses queueing for the
device reset command because it means we may not have a slot in our
queue for the reset request etc but I suppose that's even more involved
to fix.

 - R.