[ofa-general] sun x4100 with IB

Michael Di Domenico mdidomenico4 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 09:12:45 PDT 2009

The cards are MT23108.

ibdiagnet -lw 4x -ls 2.5 shows no fabric errors also confirmed on my
silverstorm switch.

The rack contains X4100 and X4100 M2 servers.  The M2 servers do not
exhibit this behavior, they're showing 750MB/sec local loopback on an
IMB pingpong run.

Errata 56CLK is enabled in the bios and mostly all other PCI-X or HT
Bridge settings are set at they're defaults (ie auto)

I fiddled with a few of the settings, but they neither made it worse
or better.  So i'm really not sure what option got changed when i
reset the bios to optimal defaults, but i wish i did...