[ofa-general] will opensm respond to requests that do not originate from qp1

Jason Gunthorpe jgunthorpe at obsidianresearch.com
Thu Aug 13 14:09:24 PDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 01:14:19PM -0700, Sean Hefty wrote:
> >Speaking of which, do we have an API to get the node's SM_Key for SA
> >packet construction?
>
> Not that I'm aware of.  The ib-diags take the smkey as a command line option.

Hmm, and the kernel wires it to zero. That's uncool.

So, any process that can create a QP can alter, say, the nodes
multicast group membership.

Thats a bit of a security problem.

I admit though, I haven't been able to discern what the SM_Key should
be set to from the spec..

--
Jason Gunthorpe <jgunthorpe at obsidianresearch.com>        (780)4406067x832
Chief Technology Officer, Obsidian Research Corp         Edmonton, Canada