[ofa-general] What does IBV_WC_REM_OP_ERR after a verb send indicate?

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Tue Aug 18 12:39:21 PDT 2009

 > I am getting this error on a verb send operation and I can't figure
 > out what could be the cause; I searched for all instances of this
 > error in the IB code and while I found 4, none was illuminating.

IBV_WC_REM_OP_ERR corresponds to "Remote Operation Error," which the IB
spec describes as:

    The operation could not be completed successfully by the
    responder. Possible causes include a responder QP related error that
    prevented the responder from completing the request or a malformed
    WQE on the Receive Queue.

Usually means a memory protection problem on the remote end.

 - R.