[ofa-general] ofed 1.3.2 opensmd failover

kovlensky at interia.pl kovlensky at interia.pl
Tue Aug 25 09:25:16 PDT 2009

Hi all,

Quick question - is there a need to run anything except opensmd deamons to provide failover capability on ib network in ofed 1.3? I'm aware that when master manager dies standby one comes in and manages the network, but that does not necessary means that lids are preserved, especially for nodes joining in. I used to run sldd.sh for distributing lids list on ofed 1.2.5, but while this script seems to be in place noone mentions necessity for it.

So subnet manager failover is provided by running standby opensm. And how LID preservation is provided?

Regards,

Zdenek Kovlensky