[ofa-general] Re: impossibility to bind a device/port with the rdma-cm when the port is down

Yossi Etigin yosefe at Voltaire.COM
Thu Feb 5 11:41:42 PST 2009

Sean Hefty wrote:
>> It might be better to catch errors earlier, but there is the risk that the
>> flow might change somehow, and losing the (now obvious) logical connection
>> between retrieving the qkey and actually using it.
>
> I can go with that.  I don't have a strong preference.  Have you tested the
> patch and verified that it works for you?
>
> - Sean

Yes I did, with mckey.

When the HCA port is down:
 Without the patch, mckey fails on from rdma_resolve_route (except when ipoib is
trying to join at the same time - then there will be a join error).
 With the patch, mckey fails on rdma_create_qp (again, except when ipoib is trying
to join at the same time).

When the HCA port is up, mckey works normally.

--
--Yossi