[ofa-general] fat-tree CN nodes?

Yevgeny Kliteynik kliteyn at dev.mellanox.co.il
Wed Feb 11 23:42:39 PST 2009

Hi Frank,

Frank Olaf Sem-Jacobsen wrote:
> Right,so it has no connection with any topological properties of the fat
> tree?

You're right, the term "Compute Node" by itself has no connection
to the topological properties of the fat tree. However, fat-tree
routing has some constraints on the topology, and one of these
constraints is that all the compute nodes are required to be
located at the same topological level of the tree (same rank).

> Which again means that the definition of compute nodes is only
> necessary for the ability to balance these separately in the tree?

Right again, this is what the fat-tree routing does.

-- Yevgeny