[ofa-general] Installation problem: cannot find -libverbs

prabhat sharda prabhat.sharda at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 03:07:27 PST 2009

Hi,

I am a newbie on OFED. I am trying to install OFED-1.4 on RHEL 5.2,
which is as per notes is a supported platform.

While installing OFED through menu, by selecting all the packages, the
process halts listing below message:

"Failed to build tgt-generic RPM
See /tmp/OFED.28181.logs/tgt-generic.rpmbuild.log "

The log file listed above has the below error message:

cc iscsi/conn.o iscsi/param.o iscsi/session.o iscsi/iscsid.o
iscsi/target.o iscsi/chap.o iscsi/transport.o iscsi/iscsi_tcp.o
iscsi/isns.o iscsi/libcrc32c.o bs_rdwr.o bs_aio.o iscsi/iscsi_rdma.o
tgtd.o mgmt.o target.o scsi.o log.o driver.o util.o work.o parser.o
spc.o sbc.o mmc.o osd.o scc.o smc.o ssc.o bs_ssc.o bs.o -o tgtd
-lcrypto -L /usr/OFED/lib64 -libverbs -lrdmacm -lpthread
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -libverbs
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [tgtd] Error 1
make: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/OFED_topdir/BUILD/tgt-generic/usr'

RPM build errors:
    user vlad does not exist - using root
    group vlad does not exist - using root
    user vlad does not exist - using root
    group vlad does not exist - using root

My installation machine is of 32 bit. On examining, I found that there
is not any folder " /usr/OFED/lib64" ,  where as "lib" exist on path
"/usr/OFED" having the files "libibverbs.a", "libibverbs.so",
"libibverbs.so.1" and "libibverbs.so.1.0.0".

Can anyone help me out to resolve this issue? Let me know if i missed
to check something. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Prabhat