[ofa-general] OFED-1.4: ofa-kernel modules do not compile on 2.6.26 under Debian Lenny

Dr. Volker Jaenisch volker.jaenisch at inqbus.de
Wed Feb 18 10:13:37 PST 2009

Dear Or!

Or Gerlitz schrieb:
>> Hello Ofa-List!  Compiling the ofa-kernel modules from OFED-1.4 on
>> Debian Lenny Kernel 2.6.26 (on amd64) gives me the following trace:
> First, this list is related to the development of the Linux RDMA stack
> not, please refer with ofed issues to ewg at lists.openfabrics.org
Sorry for that. But the description of the ofa-List "OpenFabrics General
Mailing List" does not indicate this list as an explicit developer
forum. And there are lots of postings quite similiar to mine in this list.

The description of the ewg-List "OpenFabrics Enterprise Working Group
Mailing List" where I find working group
anouncements like "Agenda for the OFED meeting today (Jan 5, 09)
<http://lists.openfabrics.org/pipermail/ewg/2009-January/012553.html>"
looked not so promissing to post my message.

May be a dedicated OFED-Users list can be setup where I can post my
stupid questions. :-)
> Second, what makes you want to replace the IB stack that comes with
> Debian and not update the distro?
I never said nothing about replacing. But before I can bring in some
improvement to the Debian IB stack
firstly I like to have a running IB Stack on Debian at all.

ISER from the Debian IB Stack does not work for me. Remember our
discussion on the STGT-list?
http://lists.wpkg.org/pipermail/stgt/2009-February/002649.html

So I looked for a working alternative to double check my findings on the
iSER read problems before posting a bug report.
Therefore I tried to install OFED 1.4 under debian. So what's wrong with
that?

There are several parts of the OFED (for instance opensm and other user
space tools) that are not avaible in debian, yet.
The idea is to bring a more consistent Infiniband support to Debian. But
this is not my project, so I do not like to discuss over the head of
someone other. Here the wishlist entry for OFED Debian support issued by
Guy Coates.

http://groups.google.com/group/linux.debian.bugs.dist/browse_thread/thread/b42e830ce29c641a

Best regards,

Volker

   inqbus it-consulting      +49 ( 341 )  5643800
   Dr.  Volker Jaenisch      http://www.inqbus.de
   Herloßsohnstr.    12      0 4 1 5 5    Leipzig
   N  O  T -  F Ä L L E      +49 ( 170 )  3113748