[ofa-general] opensm 3.2.1 lock up problem during initialization

Yicheng Jia YJia at tmriusa.com
Sun Feb 22 21:38:00 PST 2009

Hi Folks,

I run into a lock up problem during opensm initialization process. The
version I am using is 3.2.1. I noticed that there's a patch to fix race
condition in main OpenSM flow for version 3.2.1:
http://www.openfabrics.org/git/?p=~sashak/management.git;a=commit;h=adcdb327112c7261077cf4e4076a7499ce36c86f
.

But the OpenSM I am using is compiled without HAVE_LIBPTHREAD macro, the
patch above is for HAVE_LIBPTHREAD code only. So my question are:
1. What is the difference between codes compiled with HAVE_LIBPTHREAD and
without HAVE_LIBPTHREAD?
2. Could the race condition occur on OpenSM that's compiled without
HAVE_LIBPTHREAD macro?

Thanks!

Yicheng Jia