[ofa-general] Too many calls to mlx4_CLOSE_PORT()?

Eli Cohen eli at dev.mellanox.co.il
Mon Feb 23 05:20:08 PST 2009

Roland,

browsing the code, I see that mlx4_CLOSE_PORT() gets called from,
seemingly, too many places. I would expect it to get called only from
__mlx4_ib_modify_qp() when QP0 gets closed, but mlx4_ib_remove() calls
it too even though it is soon to be called by __mlx4_ib_modify_qp()
due to destroying the MAD QP. It also gets called from
mlx4_remove_one() even though by the time this function gets called,
the port is already closed. Is there a reason for that?