[Scst-devel] [ofa-general] SRP/mlx4 interrupts throttling performance

Vladislav Bolkhovitin vst at vlnb.net
Thu Feb 26 11:49:51 PST 2009

Cameron Harr, on 02/26/2009 08:19 PM wrote:
> Cameron Harr wrote:
>> Cameron Harr wrote:
>> I re-compiled and re-ran the tests and numbers are a little better but
>> performance still seems to have gone down from 673:
>> Test 1:373751.66
>> Test 2:371242.6067
>> Test 3:347988.1467
>> Test 4:378247.31
>> Test 5:375616.53
> I was curious and did a regression test with 673 and those numbers are
> now even worse, so I'll presume there is an issue on my system and not
> the SCST code:
> Test 1:365204.3067
> Test 2:364152.2067
> Test 3:340665.7633
> Test 4:369916.8133
> Test 5:369093.5833

It's known that any OS, including Linux, is getting "tired" under load
with time from boot, which leads to worse performance. I guess, you can
experience such effect.

Check with r634. R635 has cache locality in data structures related
change, which intended to improve performance a bit, but might make it
worse instead.

Vlad