[ofa-general] OFED 1.4 on 32-bit PPC?

Tziporet Koren tziporet at dev.mellanox.co.il
Thu Jan 8 03:18:14 PST 2009

Samuel Watters wrote:
> Dear Members:
>
> From the release notes for the OFED 1.4 linux sources, support is
> indicated for the x86, x86_64, PPC64 and ia64 architectures.  Since
> the software supports both 32 & 64-bit x86 is there any known reason
> it couldn't be built to run on a 32-bit PPC system in addition to the
> 64-bit PPC?

We do support compiling 32 bits user space libraries in PPC64
The main reason that PPC32 is not in the list of supported architectures
is that we do not have such a system with HCAs for testing.
So you can try to build and see if you encounter any problems

If you will have any fixes please provide them

Tziporet