[ofa-general] building just kernel-ib{-devel} and not being root

Brian J. Murrell brian at sun.com
Thu Jan 8 06:58:39 PST 2009

On Wed, 2009-01-07 at 23:57 +0200, Vladimir Sokolovsky wrote:

> Hi Brian,

Hi Vladimir,

> You can download ofa_1_4_kernel.tgz (daily builds) from:
>
> http://www.openfabrics.org/downloads/ofa_1_4_kernel/
>
> To compile, run:
> ./configure [OPTIONS]
> make

Well, in fact my goal is to build kernel-ib rpms.  Not sure if
configure; make in that download will do that, but certainly, I can
apply rpmbuild --rebuild to the SRPM that comes out of the OFED GA
package and it seems to work.

But I was looking for a more "sanctioned" avenue.  It would sure be nice
if one of the modes of install.pl was to simply build RPMs without
installing them and without requiring root.

b.