[ofa-general] installing ofed-1.4

Guy Coates gmpc at sanger.ac.uk
Thu Jan 15 01:29:30 PST 2009

Markus Uhlmann wrote:
> Thanks Vladimir & Guy.
>
> Another small thing i noticed: is it correct that I manually need to
> remove the infiniband-related modules already loaded from the "stock"
> kernel(i.e. "rmmod" on ib_mthca,ib_mad,ib_core,mlx4_core) before
> running "/etc/init.d/openibd start" ???

Yes, you need to rmmod the modules, but you do not have to remove them from
/lib/modules/XXX.

The new modules will automatically get picked up out of /lib/modules/XXXX/extra
(assuming that depmod has been run).

Cheers,

Guy

--
Dr. Guy Coates,  Informatics System Group
The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1HH, UK