[ofa-general] Question about perfmgr on OpenSM

Nicolas Morey Chaisemartin nicolas.morey-chaisemartin at ext.bull.net
Fri Jan 16 04:46:06 PST 2009

Hi,

I'm working on a perf manager plugin for OpenSM.
It will have quite advanced features which will do more than simply
treating received events and extract some informations from OpenSM.
I have one question though: how are perf manager plugins managed when
there are multiple OpenSM running on the same subnet?
-Is only the one on the MASTER SM started?
-Are they all started but only the one on the MASTER SM received events
(counters/trap)
-They all start and received events but coming from different par of the
subnet

Due to the data I'm going to use, I need to have only one thread doing
its job at a time.
If there is only one plugin running on the Subnet it'll be fine, if
there are several, I'll have to monitor the SM status to ensure only one
of my threads is active.

Regards

Nicolas