[ofa-general] mlx4_en and ppc64, is it supposed to work?

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Fri Jan 16 05:26:17 PST 2009

On Thu, 2009-01-15 at 21:00 -0800, Roland Dreier wrote:
> > It doesn't compile here, so I was wondering if it's even intended to.
>
> I'm able to build mlx4_en on powerpc here with Linus's latest tree with
> no problem.  What problems do you see?

Sorry, it turned out to be a red herring.  The build failure was on
ppc64iseries...I missed the all important iseries in that string and
just saw the ppc64.  The iseries doesn't support
__raw_readl/__raw_writel and so we don't even compile the IB stack on
iseries normally, but since the mlx4_en driver was new to the kernel, I
had to go into the iseries config file and disable it specifically there
or the fact that it was enabled in our generic config meant that it got
merged into the iseries config as enabled.  That was the source of the
problem.

--
Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com>
              GPG KeyID: CFBFF194