[ofa-general] 0-length RDMA Read

Philip Frey1 PHF at zurich.ibm.com
Wed Jan 28 01:52:27 PST 2009

Hi,

since for iWARP, that after the MPA connection establishment, the
MPA initiator must send the first FPDU, I wanted to do that using a
0-length
RDMA Read. When using the T3 Chelsio RNIC, I end up with a segmentation
fault from the libcxgb3 (function t3b_post_send).

I was trying to post a 0-lenght WR for RDMA Read like this:

struct ibv_send_wr      wr;

wr.wr_id = 1;
wr.next = NULL;
wr.sg_list = NULL;
wr.num_sge = 0;
wr.wr.rdma.remote_addr = 0;
wr.wr.rdma.rkey = 0;
wr.opcode = IBV_WR_RDMA_READ;
wr.send_flags = IBV_SEND_SIGNALED;

ibv_post_send(qp, &wr, &bad_wr);

Question1: Are 0-length RDMA Reads supported at all by the T3?
Question2: If they are, how do I have to write a correct send WR?

Many thanks for your advice,
 Philip

--
   Philip Frey