[ofa-general] SubnAdmGet (6777)

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Mon Jun 1 12:19:47 PDT 2009

>Yes, it is different from GetTable in that SA pares the responses down
>to that but Get doesn't (have that additional language to pare them
>down).

This seems like an implementation issue (aka bug) with the SA to me.

>The language about NumbPath for Get was originally added to indicate
>that the NumbPath was ignored on a Get even if it was included in the
>component mask.

It states that it's ignored and a value of 1 is used.  What else would a
NumbPath value of 1 mean if it's completely ignored?  I consider this a spec
bug.  :)

>From an implementation view, requiring users to use SubnAdmGetTable to get a
single path record is less efficient than returning a single PR from SubnAdmGet.

How have other SM implementations (not based on opensm) interpreted NumbPath for
PR SubnAdmGet?