[ofa-general] RDMA_CM--how to include an SRQ?

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Mon Jun 1 13:51:30 PDT 2009

>Is there an example of how to incorporate an SRQ into using RDMA CM and IB
>verbs?  Thank you for any assistance or suggestions.

I don't believe so.  libibverbs has an srq_pingpong example program that uses an
SRQ.  Using an SRQ with the rdma_cm is basically trivial if the QP is created
using rdma_create_qp.  The rdma_cm reads the struct ibv_srq * field from the
struct ibv_qp when establishing a connection.  If the QP is created directly
from libibverbs (ibv_create_qp), then the user should just indicate that an SRQ
is in use when connecting.

Note that I don't believe there's no real requirement to indicate to the remote
side of a connection that an SRQ is in use.  The remote QP doesn't use this
information.