[ofa-general] IPoIB in Xen guest machine

Titov Alexander titoff.a at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 01:06:53 PDT 2009

Hello,
I work in VDS hosting provider and we want increase our bandwidth with
Infiniband. I make Infiniband test stand with two machines with
Mellanox MT26428, switch MTS3600 and SLES11 with Xen.

How can I connect ip network over IB to Xen guest machine?

I see two ways:

1) I use Qlogic VNIC and bridge virtual xen interface with VNIC ethernet. It
isn't true way, because data transfers with great overhead ( Maybe I
mistake?).
I try this way and I receve error  bad MAD status (110) from lid 0 from
command  ib_qlgc_vnic_query. I try it with OFED and SLES11, Qlogic OFED+ and
SLES10SP2, Mellanox OFED and SLES10SP2. I get this error for all
configurations.

2) I use IPoIB with Ethernet IB bridge (gateway). But I found about it only
few phrases on openfabrics site. (for example
http://www.openfabrics.org/OFAReport/article4.htm ). Where can I find this
code?

Can you suggest me best solution?

--