[ofa-general] How does ib_srpt decide which ports to use?

Bart Van Assche bart.vanassche at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 00:36:25 PDT 2009

On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 1:15 AM, Chris Worley<worleys at gmail.com> wrote:
> Setup: 1.4.1 w/ 3 dual-port QDR cards in each of two hosts, all ports
> direct connected, opensm running on all port GUIDs from one host, all
> links active.
>
> Problem: ibsrpdm only advertises the first port of the first HCA of the target.
> Next problem: I can add targets via
> /sys/class/infiniband_srp/srp-*/add_target on the initiator, but only
> when naming the two port guids of the first HCA on the target.  In
> testing, both ports are used.
>
> Can somebody aim me in the right direction of what/who's stopping
> after the first HCA?

Please have a look at the /sys/class/infiniband_srpt/srpt-*/login_info
information on the target. The following information should be
present:
* One /sys/class/infiniband_srpt/srpt-* entry per HCA.
* For each HCA, /sys/class/infiniband_srpt/srpt-${HCA}/login_info
should contain one line for each port of that HCA.

On the initiator you can use the information obtained from
"login_info" (after having replaced tid_ext by id_ext) to log in to
the target:
echo ... > /sys/class/infiniband_srp/srp-mlx4_0-1/add_target

Bart.