[ofa-general] Coalescing interrupts in SRP

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at Voltaire.com
Tue Jun 9 23:56:48 PDT 2009

Roland Dreier wrote:

>> Is there any way to coalesce interrupts w/ SRP?

> one could do a hack with ib_modify_cq() a la IPoIB (assuming you're using ConnectX HCA).

Hi Roland,

I wonder why you consider this a hack...  is programming interrupt coalescing uncommon with HBAs? with networking I understand that the common practice is to apply both HW mitigation and "SW mitigation" (NAPI) so with SSD IOPS rates peaking to hundreds of thousands I assume such an approach is valid for disks as well.

Or.