[ofa-general] SDP - How to?

Zafar Gilani zafargilani at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 07:07:57 PDT 2009

Hi,

I read a paper on "Zero Copy Sockets Direct Protocol over InfiniBand". I had
a few questions, if anybody could answer I will be thankful.

1. SDP BCopy approach can be used without the change of the code via the use
of AF_INET_SDP parameter when calling socket() system call. But how can I
implement SDP ZCopy approach if I want to implement ZCopy_Read and
ZCopy_Write methods?

2. Is there any documentation regarding how to implement SDP ZCopy? Any
Hello World sort of example code that I can use to learn how to work with
this?

3. SDP BCopy is better for smaller messages, but how small? Is 64K a good
threshold to change from BCopy to ZCopy at 128K?

Looking forward for your reply.

Best Regards,
--
Syed Zafar ul Hussan Gilani | BIT-7