[ofa-general] Setting mtu on an IB port

Tziporet Koren tziporet at dev.mellanox.co.il
Thu Jun 11 01:58:40 PDT 2009

Pradeep Satyanarayana wrote:

> Sean, You are right about the IB MTU. My guess was that he was trying to set both
> (based on the 2044 in his mail).
>
> I use the embedded SM rather than openSM. Hence guidance on that will be helpful.

If you are using ConnectX and OFED 1.4.1 we added a module parameter to
work with 4K mtu:

   set_4k_mtu:          attempt to set 4K MTU to all ConnectX ports
(default 0)

All the InfiniHost devices support only 2K MTU

Regarding the switches: Infiniscale IV supports 4K MTU by defualt

You also need to configure OpenSM to support 4K MTU - but someone from
management people should answer this

Tziporet