[ofa-general] crc32c module problem on iscsi connection

charles zhuang charlesz at opengridcomputing.com
Thu Jun 11 09:38:21 PDT 2009

Hi,
I have 2 questions.
1. I am using centos 5.3 (kernel 2.6.18) + ofed 1.4 as my initiator,
when I try to login in my target (also install ofed 1.4) using iscsi
(tcp or IPoIB), there's following errors in the initiator side:
iscsi: registered transport (tcp)
scsi5 : iSCSI Initiator over TCP/IP
 connection4:0: Could not create connection due to crc32c loading error.
Make sure the crc32c module is built as a module or into the kernel
 session4: couldn't create a new connection.<6>scsi6 : iSCSI Initiator
over TCP/IP

There's no crc32c.ko and libcrc32c.ko under /lib/modules. How can I
solve this problem?
2. Using the same target machine but with different initiator which
install open-iscsi package, that will allow me to correctly login to the
target. So what's the relationship between open-iscsi package and ofed
package? Can they be installed on the same machine and use at the same
time?

Thanks for any help.

Thanks,
Charles