[ofa-general] Re: mthca double free irqs

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Fri Jun 12 09:25:36 PDT 2009

 > My linux-next branch has a change to the return value from the MSI-X
 > allocation function: pci_enable_msix now returns the number of
 > available entries rather than -EINVAL if the allocation failed.  Would
 > that cause problems in the mthca driver?

I don't think so in this case ... the driver is getting past enabling
MSI-X and actually testing the interrupt before it fails.  I'll audit
the code just to make sure we handle that case though.  But I thought
pci_enable_msix() always returned the number of entries actually
available if the allocation failed?

 - R.