[ofa-general] SDP - How to?

Zafar Gilani zafargilani at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 23:55:34 PDT 2009

Hi Amir,

I hope you are fine! I want to carry out benchmark testing to compare IPoIB
and SDP protocols on the cluster I am working on. Where can I get test cases
(such as pt2pt communications) to carry out these tests? What approach did
you use in your benchmark test that you sent me (your sent message
attached)?

Thanks in advance!

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 11:22 AM, Amir Vadai <amirv at mellanox.co.il> wrote:

> Hi Zafar,
>
> I am the maintainer of SDP in OFED.
>
> The current SDP implementation does not have ZCopy. What we have is BCopy
> and something that we call BZcopy.
> Small packets (<=32k) are sent using BCopy - meaning the SEND verb is in
> use and data is not zero copied.
> Packets bigger than 32K are sent using BZcopy - they are also sent using
> the SEND verb but they are zero copied on the sender side. on the RX side
> packets are memcpy'ed.
> When we implement ZCopy it will be automatic too - when sending packets
> bigger than a threshold the driver will automatically use RDMA verb instead
> of the SEND.
>
> BTW, your numbers are different that what we measured. See attached. Was
> measured on a high end host using QDR IB PCI gen 2 and Mellanox ofed 1.4.
>
> - Amir

Best Regards,
Zafar