[ofa-general] Re: Installing OFED 1.4.1 in XenServer

Vladimir Sokolovsky vlad at dev.mellanox.co.il
Wed Jun 24 08:30:28 PDT 2009

Ross Smith wrote:
> Replying to my own email since I've made progress and now have a new question.
>
> OFED 1.4.1 compiles and installs find under the XenServer 5.5 DDK.  My
> question now is how do I transfer these drivers to a live server?
>
> Are there details anywhere about what files need transferring, and how
> they should be loaded?
>
> Alternatively, do I need to attempt to transfer the relevant kernel
> source files from the XenServer DDK to a live server?
>
> thanks,
>
> Ross

Hi Ross,
After installing OFED-1.4.1 you will have binary RPMs under
OFED-1.4.1/RPMS/... directory.
So, to install OFED-1.4.1 on the live server you should run the
same install command (from the same OFED-1.4.1 directory;
you can copy it to the live server if it is not accessible through NFS)
on your server and it will install binary RPMs that were previously
created.
It will not require kernel sources on the live server.

Regards,
Vladimir