[ofa-general] OFEM installation problem

Boyan Lazarov bsl at mek.dtu.dk
Thu Jun 25 11:40:38 PDT 2009

Hello,

We have installed OFED  1.4.1 on Scientific Linux 53 (RH derivative). When I
run the osu_* tests  (OpenMPI) as root it seems that everything is running
fine and the mpi is using openib for communications.  However if I run the
test as an ordinary user I am getting the following:

WARNING: There was an error initializing an OpenFabrics device.

and openmpi is using tcp for communications - the speed is much lower.

Anyone with similar problem and any suggestions?

Best regards,
Boyan