[ofa-general] ***SPAM*** problem about the OpenSM

Ira Weiny weiny2 at llnl.gov
Mon Mar 9 11:39:18 PDT 2009

On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 19:41:05 +0800
Jordan <acceptany at gmail.com> wrote:

> I want to do some research about the routing algorithm in the OpenSM, for
> example, adding a new routing algorithm (e.g for torus or mesh)or improving
> some of them.
>
> But, after re-configuring and rebuilding the OpenSM,  can the OpenSM still
> be installed on Mellanox switch?

I don't know the answer to this as I don't know how OpenSM is installed, if at
all, on a Mellanox Switch.

> Can the new routing algorithm take effect in the network? What steps can I
> take to achieve this purpose?

I would start by turning off the SM on the Mellanox Switch and running OpenSM
on one of your nodes.  At that point OpenSM will be routing the fabric.  If
you can't disable the SM on the switch you could try running OpenSM at a
higher priority.

To help determine which SM is master the OpenSM console now has additional SM
information in the "status" command which will report all SM's in the system
as well as which one is master.

Hope this helps,
Ira

--