[ofa-general] RE: tcp/rdma port unification patch in librdmacm

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Mon Mar 9 14:36:20 PDT 2009

>Shall I post a patch for comments?

I think that would be the best way forward.

I've been trying to run through different use case scenarios in my head to see
if there is any security or other issue with this approach.  From the kernel's
perspective, it seems like this adds some sort of trust that an application has
reserved a desired port number from the host stack before attempting to use it
on the RDMA side.  I'm just not sure if this leads to some real problem or not.