[ofa-general] tcp/rdma port unification patch in librdmacm

Steve Wise swise at opengridcomputing.com
Wed Mar 11 08:28:25 PDT 2009

Or Gerlitz wrote:

>         You have mentioned the listeners, but what about the ports
>         used for the connection itself?
>

>     There is no "different port Y".  I don't understand what you mean.
>

> mmm, think for example on the active side (rNFS client) say the TOE
> stack assigned it port Y and also the Linux TCP stack assigned port Y
> to the netperf client then when the server node sends data to the
> client IP port Y - who is going to get it?
>
> Or.
Depends on the 4-tuple.  The demux done in the TOE hw uses  src
addr/port and dst addr/port.  So since the rNFS connection will always
have the reserved rNFS port for the server side, the 4-tuple will always
be unique.  The netperf traffic would go up the NIC side and the rNFS
traffic up the TOE side...

Steve.