[ofa-general] Re: can't use perfquery from git against late kernels

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Thu Mar 12 02:43:19 PDT 2009

> I just case across a problem where with the latest management git - I can't use
> perfquery against latest kernel (I also see the problem if running against the
> drivers provided by ofed 1.4.x, but not against 1.3.y !)
>
> The problem doesn't exist for smpquery - and also it doesn't exist if I use
> perfquery from 1.4.x / 1.3.y - so it seems something was broken for user space
> GMPs between late kernels and latest mng git.

Sorry, bit I was a bit wrong here - the problem does exist if running mng tree
latest against 1.4.y / 1.3.x . I went back on the mng git to the opensm-3.2 branch
(whose head is on 8989491f7bdba6c21de61c3e988c7d91d08e4254 Feb 26, 2009) and it
works fine. I could do a bit more manual search on the mng commits - but I
wasn't sure how to use the git tags - it seems that each library has its own
tags enum sequence... it worked up till yesterday...

Or.