[ofa-general] Re: tcp/rdma port unification - iscsi/ddp/toe vs iwarp/ddp/toe

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at Voltaire.com
Thu Mar 12 08:13:08 PDT 2009

Steve Wise wrote:
> The iscsi offload drivers all maintain their own private ip addresses
> hidden from the native stack.  That's how they keep the 4-tuple unique.

OK, so if the ip address wasn't private then the iscsi offload arp flow
would have been the same as the iwarp one? and also the other way around,
an iwarp stack can achieve the same impact (unique 4-tuple) either with shared
port space or with private ip address - and actually, this ip address need not
be private - it can be just --different-- from the one used for OS TCP.

Anyway, bottom line, I see that you and Karen have chosen different approaches
for the solution of the same problem (over the same HW...) and special reason
for that - or it was a matter of how things were evolving?

Or.