[ofa-general] RE: merging madeye into mainline

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Thu Mar 12 10:30:07 PDT 2009

>Yes, exposing snooping capabilities to user space and writing a
>user space app that does snooping sounds reasonable - what would
>it take to expose this capability to user-space - will it fine
>smoothly into the ib_umad and libibumad design/structure?

libibumad needs a way for the user to indicate that they want to snoop mads, so
ib_umad calls ib_register_mad_snoop().  ib_umad would also need to store copies
of the mad data, rather than queuing the actual mad.  I wouldn't think it would
be that difficult to add, though RMPP may cause a small head-ache.  (I don't
remember if snooping occurs before or after RMPP packets are reassembled.  If
it's before, it'll be easier to copy the mad.)