***SPAM*** Re: [ofa-general] 4K MTU with OpenSM?

Hal Rosenstock hal.rosenstock at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 12:42:54 PDT 2009

Ted,

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 3:02 PM, Ted H. Kim <Ted.Kim at sun.com> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Is there way to config 4K IB MTU with OpenSM?
> What's the option of file setting for that?

See the partition configuration section in the man page or
opensm/doc/partition-config.txt. It's something like:

Default=0x7fff,ipoib,mtu=5:ALL=full;

assuming you want this for IPoIB on the default partition.

> I saw something about MC MTU in the manpage, but
> not a general setting for all the links.  Admitedly,
> I may not have been looking at the most recent
> version.

This syntax has been supported for quite a while now so I would expect
it to be supported by most OpenSM versions being used.

-- Hal