[ofa-general] ***SPAM*** IPoIB problem

Keshetti Mahesh keshetti.mahesh at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 02:15:14 PDT 2009

Hello list,

I have isolated an enclosure consisting of 4 nodes each with
a Mellanox HCA from an IB cluster containing multiple such
enclosures. And connected nodes of the isolated enclosure
with another IB switch forming a different subnet. This enclosure
uses a same "ethernet" network which is used for the main cluster.

Everything (IB related) works fine in the isolated cluster if I don't
use IPoIB. When I load IPoIB and run any application using
TCP/IP (e.g. ping) on IPoIB interface whole system hangs for 10-15
minutes and strangely all IB related applications (e.g OpenSM) gets killed.
ping to the local IPoIB interface works. But ping to any remote IPoIB
interface results into above situation.

Can anyone please tell me is there anything obviously wrong with the above
described configuration? Any help on resolving this issue is greatly
appreciated.

-Mahesh