[ofa-general] OpenSM initialization error

Yicheng Jia YJia at tmriusa.com
Thu Mar 26 08:16:02 PDT 2009

Hi Hal,

> What is your topology ?

Several nodes directly connect to the switch.

> Does this message persist or go away in the log ?

It continues reporting this message until the subnet is up, then this
message goes away. It lasts about 1 minute.

> Looks to me like you are using an OpenSM 3.1.11/OFED 1.3 or older.
> Amongst other changes, this message has been downgraded from error to
> debug in more recent versions.

Do you know what could cause the problem? Is there any way to make the
error time shorter?

Thanks!

Yicheng Jia

Hal Rosenstock <hal.rosenstock at gmail.com>
03/26/2009 09:58 AM

Yicheng Jia <YJia at tmriusa.com>
cc
hnrose at comcast.net, general at lists.openfabrics.org
Subject
Re: [ofa-general] OpenSM initialization error

2009/3/25 Yicheng Jia <YJia at tmriusa.com>:

> Hello,
>
> I run into an initialization error during OpenSM start up. The error
> continues for nearly 1 minutes before the subnet is up. In the log file,
it
> reports that "__osm_ucast_mgr_process_port: ERR 3A08: No path to get to
LID
> 1 from switch 0x66a00d90008bb".
>
> I am using Mellanox MHES18 HCA and Cisco SFS7000P switch. Do you know
what
> the cause is and how to avoid it?

What is your topology ?

Does this message persist or go away in the log ?

Looks to me like you are using an OpenSM 3.1.11/OFED 1.3 or older.
Amongst other changes, this message has been downgraded from error to
debug in more recent versions.

-- Hal

> Thanks!
>
> Yicheng Jia

Scanned by IBM Email Security Management Services powered by MessageLabs.
For more information please visit http://www.ers.ibm.com