[ofa-general] OpenSM initialization error

Yicheng Jia YJia at tmriusa.com
Thu Mar 26 12:25:21 PDT 2009

It occurs with Qlogic switch, the error is reported on the OpenSM log
file. Both OpenSM and mthca driver are running on QNX environment, so
there's no handy tool available. What else can I do?

Thanks!

Yicheng Jia

Hal Rosenstock <hal.rosenstock at gmail.com>
03/26/2009 12:53 PM

Yicheng Jia <YJia at tmriusa.com>
cc
general at lists.openfabrics.org, hnrose at comcast.net
Subject
Re: [ofa-general] OpenSM initialization error

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 1:46 PM, Yicheng Jia <YJia at tmriusa.com> wrote:

>> You shouldn't be running different flavor SMs on the same subnet.
> The OpenSM will go to standby if there's another SM exists.

Some SM will go to standby but that's not the issues with mixing SMs
are well beyond the simple election/handover protocol.

>> Are you sure there's no SM running here other than OpenSM ?
> Actually this error always happens on Qlogic unmanaged switch, which I
> believe no SM running on the subnet.

Do you mean on or with QLogic switch ?

What does saquery -s say ?

-- Hal