[ofa-general] OpenSM initialization error

Hal Rosenstock hal.rosenstock at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 04:13:29 PDT 2009

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 6:20 PM, Yicheng Jia <YJia at tmriusa.com> wrote:

>> That's max'd out so should be cleared to see if it is continually
>> incrementing.
>
> The number doesn't change after the subnet is up.

It's an 16 bit counter which is max'd out and IBTA counters are sticky
so once it gets to 65535 it stops unless it's cleared.

Did you clear it ?

>>Get the portinfo on the SM peer port. Something like:
>
>>smpquery -D portinfo 0,1
>
>>assuming you are doing this from the SM node.
>
> What if I am running it on a node other than SM node? I don't have tools to
> run on SM node now.

Are you familiar with directed routes ? If not, you should read that
part of the IBA spec (vol 1 14.2.2).

>> So different cables are in use ? Same HCA for OpenSM though ?
>
> The cables are all the same type. HCAs are all same as well.

I'm asking whether in the different occurences of this issue (with
Cisco and QLogic switches), the same cable and HCA were used for the
OpenSM node or whether these are totally separate configurations.

-- Hal