[ofa-general] Queue pair state for multicast group attachment

Stefan Roscher ossrosch at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue May 5 04:23:51 PDT 2009

Hi,

during testing with ib_diag tools (ib_send_lat/bw) we noticed some problems by using multicast
option. The tools attach queue pairs to multicast groups while the queue
pairs are in RESET state. In the IB standard there is no specific definition
when the attach operation should be processed. In our opinion a QP should not be
attached until it's in  RTR to receive data from the multicast group.
What is the communitys opinion about that? Is it possible to change the diag tools?

regards Stefan