[ofa-general] RE: [Scst-devel] SRP aggregate bandwidth decreasing as threads increase

Bart Van Assche bart.vanassche at gmail.com
Mon May 18 12:18:22 PDT 2009

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 8:40 PM, Chris Worley <worleys at gmail.com> wrote:
> Any other ideas of things to try?

Depends on the workload that is running on the initiators. Are the
initiators performing linear I/O or block I/O ? Which I/O scheduler is
being used by the initiator systems, and how has it been configured ?
Which I/O scheduler has been configured on the target, and with which
parameters ? As you probably know, you can find these parameters under
/sys/class/block/sda/queue/{*,*/*}. Are you using scst_disk or
scst_vdisk ? And what is the kernel version of the target system ? By
the way, an important I/O performance regression has been fixed in
kernel 2.6.29 (see also http://lwn.net/Articles/325307/).

Bart.