[ofa-general] Executing IB Verbs/RDMA client/server code via JNI

Zafar Gilani zafargilani at gmail.com
Tue May 19 21:25:53 PDT 2009

I am an undergrad student doing my FYP. I am using IB Verbs and RDMA CM to
implement a communication device over InfiniBand fabric. I have executed
client/server code (most part from Roland Dreier, CISCO) and it works
absolutely fine. However when I try to call the same thing via JNI, the code
gets stuck at "ibv_alloc_pd". I have checked the "cm_id", the ibv_context
"cm_id->verbs" and the protection domain "ibv_pd" but I am unable to resolve
the error.

JVM actually crashes stating that error exists at frame: "ibv_alloc_pd" and
that crashed happened in native code. Though this is understandable, but the
error is not, since the same code works when executed directly with c
compiler but gives trouble with JNI.

Compilers:
   java version "1.6.0_07"
   Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 10.0-b23, mixed mode)

   gcc (GCC) 4.1.2 20071124 (Red Hat 4.1.2-42)

Environment:
   Red Hat 4.12
   2 Intel(R) Xeon(TM) 5060 CPU dual-core hyperthreading 3.20GHz

I have attached the compressed file that contains all the files (.java, .h,
.c and .log). I was hoping that someone could may be point me in the right
direction.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
--