[ofa-general] Installing SDP on existing OFED 1.3.1 install - DRBD SDP/Infiniband Support

Jack Morgenstein jackm at dev.mellanox.co.il
Tue Sep 1 23:46:24 PDT 2009

On Tuesday 01 September 2009 16:24, Robert Dunklewrote:
> Hi Jack,
>
> Thanks for the tip.  (*Embarassed*)
>
> I think a Kernel upgrade since might have broken the source RPM. Is
> there any way for me to fix this? (I have an identical hardware server
> that was originally installed with SDP, details of that below, it seems
> the system without sdp that I'm trying to add it to got a minor kernel
> upgrade)
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Rob
You need to see where the kernel is taking ib_sdp from.
Do "modinfo ib_sdp" to see the ib_sdp.ko file which gets loaded.

Note that on the working system, you have:
 /lib/modules/2.6.18-92.1.6.el5xen/updates/kernel/drivers/infiniband/ulp/sdp/ib_sdp.ko
Note **updates** in the above directory path -- indicating that this
sdp was installed as part of your OFED install.  You have no such path for ib_sdp.ko in
your broken system.

1. Was OFED installed on the broken system with your xen kernel?
  (check this by seeing if directory /lib/modules/2.6.18-92.1.13.el5xen/updates
   exists).

2. Where did you place the ib_sdp.ko module that you built?
3. The version disagreement below indicates that the sdp module
   expects different versions of ib_core.ko and rdma_cm.ko than are
   currently loaded.

-Jack