[ofa-general] Cannot export multiple directories using nfs-rdma

Jeff Johnson jeff.johnson at aeoncomputing.com
Thu Sep 3 17:27:01 PDT 2009

I have a nfs-rdma configuration using Mellanox ConnectX-DDR,
ofed-1.4.2 on Centos 5.3 x86_64.
My ConnectX cards are running 2.5.0 firmware as I have read that 2.6.0
had rdma issues. I saw these issues and down rev'd the cards to 2.5.0.

I am seeing a peculiar behavior where if I export two separate
directories from the server and attempt to mount them separately from
a client I end up with the same export mounted to two different client
directories.

e.g.:		server:/raid1
		server:/raid2

		'mount.rnfs 10.0.0.251:/raid1 /raid1 -i -o rdma,port=2050'
client:/raid1   <---has server:/raid1 contents
		'mount.rnfs 10.0.0.251:/raid2 /raid2 -i -o rdma,port=2050'
client:/raid2   <---has server:/raid1 contents

	I have tried creating multiple rdma ports on the server (2050 and
2051) and then using different ports for each separate mount. The
result is the same.

	I have verified that I am indeed mounting rdma and not merely ipoib.

	Is nfs-rdma capable of multiple exports? If so, I cannot find a
method for dealing with multiple exports from the server or client
side in any ofed docs.

Thanks for any assistance..

Jeff Johnson
Manager
Aeon Computing

jeff.johnson at aeoncomputing.com
t: 858-412-3810   f: 858-412-3845
m: 619-204-9061

4905 Morena Boulevard, Suite 1313 - San Diego, CA 92117