[Scst-devel] [ofa-general] WinOF_2_0_5/SRP initiator: slow reads and eventually hangs

Bart Van Assche bart.vanassche at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 06:17:31 PDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 1:20 AM, Chris Worley <worleys at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 11:38 AM, Chris Worley<worleys at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I've used a couple of initiators (different systems) w/ different
> > OSes, w/ different IB cards (all QDR) and different IB stacks
> > (built-in vs. OFED) and can repeat the problem in all but the
> > RHEL5.2/OFED 1.4.1 target and initiator (but, if the initiator is
> > WinOF and the target is RHEL5.2/OFED1.4.1, then the problem does
> > repeat).
>
> Here's a twist: I used the Ubuntu initiator w/ one of the RHEL
> targets, and the RHEL initiator (same machine as was running WinOF
> from the beginning of this thread) w/ one of the Ubuntu targets: in
> both cases, the problem does not repeat.
>
> That makes it sound like OFED is the cure on either side of the
> connection, but does not explain the issue w/ WinOF (which does fail
> w/ either Ununtu or RHEL targets).

These results are strange. Regarding the Linux-only tests, I was
assuming failure of a single component (Ubuntu SRP initiator, OFED SRP
initiator, Ubuntu IB driver, OFED IB driver or SRP target), but for
each of these components there is at least one test that passes and at
least one test that fails. So either my assumption is wrong or one of
the above test results is not repeatable. Do you have the time to
repeat the Linux-only tests ?

Bart.