[Scst-devel] [ofa-general] WinOF_2_0_5/SRP initiator: slow reads and eventually hangs

Bart Van Assche bart.vanassche at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 09:38:01 PDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 12:29 AM, Chris Worley <worleys at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm wondering why it's so easily repeatable by me, and those I work
> with, and nobody else?  I have another completely different
> configuration w/ the same issue...

It would help if you could run the following test:
* Connect an SRP initiator back-to-back to the SRP target.
* Install an operating system combination on initiator and target with
which SRP did not work properly under heavy load.
* Install and run OpenSM on the target if this software is not yet
running on the target.
* Repeat the SRP stress test on the initiator system that is connected
back-to-back to the SRP target.

This will tell us whether or not the IB switch or its firmware is
causing the SRP issues.

Bart.