[ofa-general] mlx4 second port lro issue

Shirley Ma mashirle at us.ibm.com
Thu Sep 10 14:10:15 PDT 2009

Hello Roland,

On Thu, 2009-09-10 at 13:54 -0700, Roland Dreier wrote:
> haven't seen this.  But I haven't really tried.
>
> Are you talking about mlx4_en or ipoib with mlx4_ib?  What do you mean
> by lro not working -- the interface doesn't work with lro enabled, or
> you just don't see aggregation of receives?
>
> By the way, both mlx4_en and ipoib should probably move from lro to
> gro -- patches welcome.

Thanks for your prompt response. The problem was seen on mlx4_en QDR.
When LRO enabled, for large packet than 1500 mtu, port1 can process this
packet, but port2 doesn't see this big packet at all from tcpdump trace.
I wonder whether there is any FW issue since I don't think the driver
handle two ports differently.

Shirley